Won't be in to Work Today
- Preventing Injuries at Home,
Work and Play
More people are injured off the job than on the job, yet companies do
little to address the problem. This book will help your employees understand
that safety should be a twenty-four hour concern and not left at the workplace.
Author, Martin Lesperance a fire fighter/paramedic with seventeen years
experience and owner of an industrial safety training company, gives many
excellent examples of actual ambulance calls he has attended. All of these
injuries were preventable.
This 221-page soft cover book deals with safety around the home and covers
topics such as:
- The effects and financial costs of injuries
- Hazard assessment
- Alcohol and injuries
- Fire safety
- Electrical safety
- Reducing injuries
- Personal protective equipment
- Working with tools
- Cumulative Trauma Disorder
- Back injury
- Vehicle safety
- Recreational activities and much more
This best-selling book is a must for any organization and will help
to reduce their benefit payouts.
Here's what people are saying about "I Won't be into Work Today"
Great! That's the only word we need to use. Staff who have received the
book have expressed tremendous enthusiasm and have forwarded ideas like:
- using sections and stories from your book in tailgate talks
- making the book part of our "Off the Job" safety process
- sending folks who are hurt (on and off the job) a copy to let them
know they aren't the only ones and how to prevent future occurrences.
You have a winner!
Henry Skjerven, CRSP
Emergency Response Department
City of Edmonton